Saturday, July 14, 2012

DGBS Weekends 7/14-7/15/12

Hey folks... Sorry about the delay in updates, but I've spent most of my free time recently wrangling a crashed system, which wiped out almost all of my installed programs (including the ones I use to convert/encode and upload my files)


But, I had some stuff I had uploaded last week before the crash - it's not a full schedule, but there's a decent chunk of new stuff. Of note, we have a newer film (something I don't normally feature on DGBS) called Iron Sky... Then following that we have a Black Scorpion triple feature. I'll try to see if I can get things back up and running by next weekend, but I'll have to play it by ear. Enjoy!


Batman TAS.Be a Clown.nsv
Batman TAS.Eternal Youth.nsv
Batman TAS.Fear of Victory.nsv
Batman TAS.Lock-Up.nsv
Batman TAS.Mudslide.nsv
Batman TAS.The Terrible Trio.nsv
Centurions.Broken Beams.nsv
Centurions.Film At Eleven.nsv
Centurions.Hacker Must Be Destroyed.nsv
Centurions.Malfunction.nsv
Centurions.The Chameleons Sting.nsv
Centurions.Zombie Master.nsv
Fantastic Four.Danger In The Depths.nsv
Fantastic Four.Demon Of The Deep.nsv
Fantastic Four.It Started On Yancy Street.nsv
Fantastic Four.Prisoners Of Planet X.nsv
Fantastic Four.Return Of The Moleman.nsv
Fantastic Four.The Mysterious Molecule Men.nsv
Justice League.Tabula Rasa.nsv
Battle Beyond The Stars.1980.Part1.nsv
Battle Beyond The Stars.1980.Part2.nsv
Battle Beyond The Stars.1980.Part3.nsv
Abbott and Costello.Ride Em Cowboy.1942.Part1.nsv
Abbott and Costello.Ride Em Cowboy.1942.Part2.nsv
Shock Treatment.1981.Part1.nsv
Shock Treatment.1981.Part2.nsv
Doc Savage - Man Of Bronze.1975.Part1.nsv
Doc Savage - Man Of Bronze.1975.Part2.nsv
Judge Dredd.1995.Part1.nsv
Judge Dredd.1995.Part2.nsv
Return of the Living Dead Part 2.1988.Part1.nsv
Return of the Living Dead Part 2.1988.Part2.nsv
Iron Sky.2012.Part1.nsv
Iron Sky.2012.Part2.nsv
Black Scorpion.1995.Part1.nsv
Black Scorpion.1995.Part2.nsv
Black Scorpion 2.1997.Part1.nsv
Black Scorpion 2.1997.Part2.nsv
Sting Of The Black Scorpion.2002.Part1.nsv
Sting Of The Black Scorpion.2002.Part2.nsv
Mr Sardonicus.1961.Part1.nsv
Mr Sardonicus.1961.Part2.nsv

2 comments:

CartoonSteve said...

Nice selection! Hey could you possibly advise someone how to set up a stream? BmovieDrivein has been AWOL for a while but someone on their forum talked about possibly setting up a backup. I posted your blog on this forum thread: http://classicradionetwork.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=140

DoughyGuy said...

Well, I've been kind of doing most of this by the seat of my pants for the last couple of years. I use a company called MakeAVoice, and all I do is upload finished NSV files to them and they stream them, so it's not the usual way a Shoutcast stream is set up (i.e. you stream it yourself from your own computer)

The biggest hurdle for me was encoding the files to NSV format for streaming - Had to experiment with a few different ways until I eventually found a configuration that allowed for decent quality, but also didn't take forever to accomplish.

I can share a few links that helped me set things up.

---

First there's a link for a full Shoutcast Audio & Video streaming guide. It pretty much details how to start from square one, and gives instructions on how to use and configure the software. (A word of warning - I've found, as of late, that some of the links referred to in the guide are out of date and no longer work, so you may have to hunt down some of the encoders/codecs)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/19781412/SHOUTcast-Audio-And-Video-Streaming-Guide

---

Also, there's a page I have bookmarked that gives configuration guidelines for the encoding software (how to tweak the various settings based upon the bitrate). Like I said I kind of played around with things until I found an acceptable balance of things, but this page gave me a starting point

http://www.scvi.net/vpguide.htm

---

And finally, this is another link that gives more advice on how to encode files and configure the software and start streaming. A lot of it is command line functions, so it may be a bit technical for some (I know that most of it goes over my head!)

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?postid=921099

---

Good luck!